Announcing VS.Php 2.10 for Visual Studio
I'm very pleased to announce the release of VS.Php 2.10 for Visual Studio. This new release comes with many improvements and lots of bug fixes. One of the new improvements is variable highlighting. When placing the cursor on top of a variable, all instances of this variable will be automatically highlighted. Here is a screenshot:
Another improvement is better support for @return PhpDoc tag as well as recursive intellisense. If your method returns a type known by intellisense, you get intellisense assistance. Here is an example where you have two classes, each with a method that returns a type of the other class. You can see how I can call each method and get access to the return type and keep doing this as much as I want:
We also fix lots and lots of bugs making sure the overall stability of the product is significantly improved over prior releases.
Here is the CHANGELOG from Mantis:
- 0000376: [IntelliSense] $this->var = new object - resolved.
- 0000367: [Remote Project] After some time vs dont respond - resolved.
- 0000487: [Debug] Windows has triggered a breakpoint in BrowserLauncher.exe. - resolved.
- 0000483: [Project] Project files are not deterministically ordered, causing merge conflicts. - resolved.
- 0000383: [Class View] no class members view - resolved.
- 0000399: [Project] Crash reports - resolved.
- 0000401: [IntelliSense] intellisense error - resolved.
- 0000441: [IntelliSense] References not updating Intellisense inside Solution Folder - resolved.
- 0000190: [Build Environment] Code snippets auto complete - resolved.
- 0000330: [IntelliSense] Provide default indention level configurable - resolved.
- 0000339: [Editor] text indenting messed up - resolved.
- 0000063: [Editor] Highlight variables after doubleclick - resolved.
- 0000296: [IntelliSense] IntelliSense Prompt After <? - resolved.
- 0000379: [Editor] Crash on open a standalone php file - resolved.
- 0000386: [Editor] Activation crashes when there is no project open - resolved.
- 0000387: [Editor] 2.9 Takes forever to open a file - resolved.
- 0000392: [IntelliSense] Go to definition not works - resolved.
- 0000438: [IntelliSense] version 2.9 $_GET & $_POST - resolved.
- 0000298: [IntelliSense] PHP IntelliSense shows up where HTML IntelliSense is required - resolved.
- 0000396: [Project] cannot delete folders with solution explorer - resolved.
- 0000025: [Remote Project] Modify texts in german version (shoitz) - resolved.
- 0000027: [Remote Project] Missing translation in remote projects - resolved.
- 0000420: [Editor] Code snippets do not indent properly - resolved.
- 0000414: [IntelliSense] Magic methods - resolved.
- 0000468: [IntelliSense] Function Documentation IntelliSense inserts double /** - resolved.
- 0000474: [Installer] Setup does not install - resolved.
- 0000473: [Debug] having an .htaccess that prevents access to itself (a basic security step) prevents site from debugging or running - resolved.
- 0000484: [Build Environment] SourceGear Vault and VS2010 issue - resolved.
- 0000439: [IntelliSense] intellisence does not come up as it used to - resolved.
- 0000470: [Editor] Indentation of non-bracketed control statements - resolved.
- 0000496: [IntelliSense] Go to Definition on method goes to definition of returned class rather than the method - resolved.
- 0000341: [Debug] xdebug and constants - resolved.
- 0000443: [Project] Access to path '.htaccess' has been denied. - resolved.
- 0000475: [Editor] PHP references - resolved.
- 0000482: [Editor] HTML is not highlighted in some cases. - resolved.
- 0000491: [IntelliSense] Class constants do now show in intellisense. - resolved.
- 0000476: [Editor] Closing HTML tags puts cursor in wrong position. - resolved.
- 0000477: [Editor] Failed to create project. Attempted to read or write protected memory - resolved.
- 0000486: [Editor] Adjust indentation on paste does not stay checked - resolved.
- 0000481: [IntelliSense] Missing parameter information - resolved.
I really hope you guys enjoy this release as much as I enjoyed working on it.